About the Presenters
Wilma Wake, LICSW, PhD has been a licensed clinical social worker (LICSW) for over 40 years.
Robert Lagos is a computer programmer, analyst, and statistician.
Eric Endlich, PhD is a clinical psychologist and founder of Top College Consultants®, which helps neurodivergent students transition to college and graduate school.
Autism can remain hidden for a long, long time. Many individuals in their 50s, 60s, and beyond suspect they may be Autistic and may want to know whether it’s a good idea to get a diagnosis and how to better understand themselves. In this webinar, the authors of the book “Older Autistic Adults: In Their Own Words: The Lost Generation” share:
- Key findings of their study of over 150 autistic adults age 50+ around the world
- Various trends and viewpoints among different generations of Autistic individuals
- Some of the personal experiences of older adults they encountered in their study, as well as some of their own.
Watch the trailer below. To view the entire recording:
- Click the rental button in the upper right corner of the viewing window below.
- Create a Vimeo username and password or use your existing credentials and log in.
- Enter your payment information, or click on the blue text link that says “Apply promo code” at the bottom of that payment section and enter the promo code of choice (all caps): 75OFF, 50OFF, 25OFF, FREE
Language Disclaimer: Over the decades, many different terms have been used to discuss autism. AANE is shifting to identity-first language and the term “Autistic” to describe our community, but we continue to respect each individual’s choice of language to describe their own neurotype. Even though this presentation was made before our language shift, we have decided to continue to share it for its valuable information and insight. Learn more about our language and history.
Subscribe for AANE weekly emails, monthly news, updates, and more!