Intensive Autism Coach Training (IACT)
The demand for personalized coaching is growing, but qualified coaches are in short supply.
Intensive Autism Coach Training (IACT) is a 4 day in-person certificate program, followed by 2 years of clinical support, for human service professionals and/or life coaches interested in gaining expertise in working with older teens and adults with autism or similar profiles.
Participants learn and practice the coaching approaches developed over the LifeMAP program’s 15-plus years of experience and more than 2600 clients.
Intensive Autism Coach Training (IACT) is a unique opportunity for business and professional growth. Participants learn the most effective approaches for coaching adults on the spectrum from professionals who are the experts in helping Autistic adults build skills and progress toward reaching their life goals.
What you will learn
During the 4 day in-person program focusing on coaching Autistic older teens and adults, you will learn:
- To evaluate an individual’s unique strengths and challenges within their environment
- To develop appropriate coaching goals
- To employ innovative coaching techniques that are responsive to each individual’s needs
- The latest knowledge about autism or similar profiles
- New skills in the area of coaching adults on the spectrum
Two Years of Clinical Support
- Monthly Clinical Hour sessions – online group peer support
- Access to monthly Skill-Building Workshops on in-depth topics related to coaching Autistic individuals
- Individual phone consultations with experienced LifeMAP staff — up to one hour per month (compared to a half hour per month for APCA members)
- Inclusion in Online Coaching Google Group Forum
Additional follow-up benefits of the program:
- Intensive Autism Coach Training participants who complete all course requirements are eligible to earn continuing education credits. Applications for continuing education credits are pending.
- Upon completion, you will be listed on the AANE website as a certified IACT coach for the 2-year follow-up support period.
Intensive Autism Coach Training Program Structure
This once-a-year, in-person, training will be delivered in modules composed of lectures, workshops, case studies, and hands-on activities. Instructors are experienced AANE LifeMAP staff. Autistic adults will also share their first-person accounts with participants.
Due to the individualized nature of this training model, a maximum of fifteen participants will be enrolled per session. The application and enrollment process is competitive. The training will last four days.
When: October 21-24, 2024
Where: AANE, Watertown, MA 02472
- $3,700 ($3,650 + $50 nonrefundable application fee) for non-CEU seeking participants
- $4,000 ($3,950 + $50 nonrefundable application fee) for CEU seeking participants
Cost covers instruction materials along with breakfast and lunch daily. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadlines: Applications will open March 15, 2024, and will be accepted on a rolling basis and close when the spots are filled or by September 30, 2024. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee that will be applied toward the total tuition.
Maximum Capacity: 15 participants
Please note: IACT training is only available to those outside of our service area of MA, NH, and parts of RI.
Subscribe for AANE weekly emails, monthly news, updates, and more!